Mistletoe therapy is one of the most popular cancer treatments in Europe. Dr. Reid has been trained in the use of mistletoe in cancer care. Mistletoe extract is chosen specifically for the patient depending on the cancer they are dealing with, treatments they are undergoing and the vitality of the patient. Many clinical trials and review articles have been conducted which validate the effectiveness of mistletoe in cancer treatment. A recent review suggested a possible 40% improvement in overall survival, as well as benefits in quality of life and tolerability of chemotherapy.
Possible benefits of mistletoe include:
- Improved quality of life (energy, less tumor pain, better appetite and weight)
- Enhancing immune system function
- Cytotoxic effect to cancer cells (cancer killing effect)
- Reducing side effects from conventional treatments of chemotherapy and radiation.
- Cancer Prevention and Screening
- Cancer Treatments and Integrative Therapies
- Research at HealthSource Integrative Medical Centre