Integrative Cancer Care
Cancer Kitchener, Cancer Waterloo, Cambridge, and Cancer Guelph
Supportive Cancer Care – Integrative therapies to assist patients in all stages of cancer
More and more people are seeking out an integrative approach to cancer with the goal to provide additional value to their cancer treatments. At HealthSource Integrative Medical Centre we are recognized for our special focus in integrative cancer care and offer you adjunctive services and support from the time of diagnosis through to preventing cancer recurrence. Patients have the opportunity to benefit from our years of experience as we have worked with a variety of cancer types in all different stages. The competence we have in naturopathic cancer care and knowledge of conventional oncology allows us to create targeted and personalized recommendations to complement your existing and planned cancer treatments. Our compassionate approach aims to optimize health, quality of life and clinical outcomes.
Dr. Michael Reid, ND, is board certified in Naturopathic Cancer Care based on the standard for the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (the certification branch of the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians). Demonstrating his advanced training, knowledge and experience in supportive cancer care he has become a Fellow of the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO). As a result, he understands the full scope of integrative cancer care options and knows how to safely integrate those options with conventional treatments using scientifically grounded, evidence-informed principles. His approach empowers our patients with knowledge so they feel they have all the information and tools available to them when making the best decisions for their care.
Why Choose HealthSource Integrative Medical Centre?
- Over 12 years of experience with a special focus in integrative cancer care
- Up to date with the latest advancements and research
- Focused on the goals and values of our patients
- Individualized protocols that can maximize results
- Educating patients so they have the knowledge to make informed decisions in their healthcare
- Professional, caring, and empathetic team
- Adjunctive naturopathic treatment for all stages of cancer & for cancer prevention
- Selected as a site location for advancing research – the Canadian and U.S. Integrative Oncology Study (CUSIOS) – an observational study on advanced stage breast, colorectal, pancreatic, and ovarian cancer patients
- Loco-regional hyperthermia with a Health Canada approved class 3 device as part of our cancer care
What to expect
After assessing your case and reviewing your treatment goals, Dr. Reid will provide appropriate supportive cancer care options utilizing non-toxic, natural therapies. The treatment options are personalized and targeted to provide the most up to date evidence-informed plan for a patient for their specific cancer and situation. We make sure all our patients are well heard and taken care of in all aspects of their health and all their questions have been answered. Our approach usually combines many different therapies. Some examples of these therapies include:
- Intravenous and Injection therapies: IV Vitamin C, Mistletoe therapy, nutrient repletion and others
- Personalized Nutrition Plans
- Metabolic therapies
- Botanical or Herbal Medicines
- Nutritional or supplement prescriptions – vitamins, minerals, nutrients and other compounds.
- Lab Testing
- Communication and referrals to other medical professionals, as required.
Potential Benefits of Our therapies
- Improving quality of life during cancer treatment (ie. improve sleep, improve energy, reduce pain).
- Reducing side effects associated with conventional treatment (ie. reduce nausea, reduce neuropathy, improve appetite, support immune system).
- Supportive therapies that aim to optimize conventional treatments (chemotherapy, surgery, radiation therapy and other treatments)
- Improve survival and aid in the prevention of recurrence of cancer
Where our patients come from
We service patients locally, throughout southern Ontario and from a distance. Many of our patients travel from London, Hamilton, Brantford, Oakville, Toronto area who are looking to work with someone who has the experience and knowledge to provide guidance on the role of adjunctive cancer care for their specific situation. When in the best interest of the patient we will offer and provide telemedicine via skype.
Most common cancers we work with
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Gastric and Esophageal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Kidney and Bladder Cancer
- Gynaecological Cancers – Cervical, Uterine, Ovarian
- Liver Cancer
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
We work in collaboration and are open to communicating with any members of your health care team including your Oncologist. We support open dialogue among health professionals as we feel it is vital the patient feels comfortable with the recommendations they choose to add to their existing or planned cancer treatments.