Tips for Losing Weight
Our weight has a vital role in our health. It can cause illnesses to develop, but more importantly it can keep us from functioning at our optimal level. However, there are a few things you can do to help ensure you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight. Follow these tips to get you started on your weightloss journey.
1) Dig deeper! Visit your doctor to rule out and address medical conditions which can impede your weight loss progress, such as hypothyroidism, Estrogen/Progesterone imbalance & food sensitivities. These can impede weight loss even if you’re doing everything else right.
2) Add more protein to your diet. One study showed that eating 25% of calories from protein cut the desire for late night snacking and reduced constant thinking about food. (reference: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20847729). Adding more protein will boost your metabolism and you’ll feel fuller longer.
3) Avoid eating 3 hours before bed. Eating before you sleep can add on the pounds. Instead, drink fluids and brush your teeth right after dinner so you’re less tempted to have late night snacks.
4) Reduce your intake of added sugar. Sugar can be found in many foods – even healthy foods can have a high sugar content! But if you cut down on things like soft drinks, coffee, tea, desserts, and snacks you’ll have a better chance at losing weight.
5) Exercise regularly. You’ve heard this before, and that’s because exercise does wonders for your health. Do a combination of aerobic exercise and weight bearing exercises to retain your muscle and keep your metabolism high. Start out easy and gradually increase the intensity and weights to avoid overworking your body and injuries. And make sure you talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program if you have health concerns or pain.
If you start implementing these few tips you’ll be on your way to a better and healthier you!