High dose intravenous Vitamin C
Dr. Reid is an expert on the use of intravenous vitamin C and cancer and has performed close to 10,000 infusions. Each intravenous treatment is tailored to the individual patient and particular situation. The treatment is adjusted based on how you are feeling, the type of cancer, and what kind of chemotherapy you are receiving. He has found using Intravenous Vitamin C helps his patients with cancer to be stronger, live longer and ultimately improve the quality in their lives.
It is important to understand that the concentrations of vitamin C required against cancer are achievable only through IV use, and not orally. When taken orally Vitamin C works as an anti-oxidant; however, when taken intravenously, Vitamin C now works as a pro-oxidant. A pro-oxidant is similar to how some chemotherapeutics work in killing cancer cells. What makes Intravenous Vitamin C unique is that it only targets cancer cells and does not negatively impact your normal, healthy cells. Patients receiving this therapy typically better tolerate the side effects of conventional treatments. Studies demonstrate the Intravenous Vitamin C enhances chemotherapy, something we also see clinically in the practice. Intravenous Vitamin C is a very safe and is very well tolerated by most people.
Possible Benefits of receiving Intravenous Vitamin C
- Live longer and improved quality of life
- Cytotoxic to cancer by a pro-oxidation effect by increasing the production of hydrogen peroxide
- Enhances chemotherapy and minimizes the side effects
- Anti-angiogenesis (stop the blood supply that feeds cancer)
- Immune system support
- Helps keeps tumors localized and from spreading
- Enhanced wound healing after surgeries, biopsies
- Supports platelet production and bone marrow
- Cancer Prevention and Screening
- Cancer Treatments and Integrative Therapies
- Research at HealthSource Integrative Medical Centre